Monday 29 November 2010

Lip syncing exercise


1. How did you feel about the editing programme and learning to use it?
I felt that the editing programme we used was relatively straightforward to use and I saw many features that I feel could be translated well into our actual music video, such as certain transitions, effects and edit styles.

2. What did you learn about making music videos from this exercise
I learnt how to use the actual editing programme efficiently, from capturing a video onto the programme, to editing and using transitions. I also learnt how to direct myself and others in terms of positioning and actions and use the camera effectively. I believe all of these things will stand me in good stead when coming to recording the real music video, as I will already understand how to use the camera and editing programme and so will not waste time on these things.


3. How will what you have learnt affect how you approach you proper production?
I will be able to translate what I have learnt in terms of editing and filming into the music video easily, meaning that I will have more time to focus on the creative side of things such as; interesting shots that fit the genre of the song, the content and direction. It also gave me a clue as to how pre-planning causes less time to be wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment